Volunteering at the Library
Volunteering is a great way to get involved and show your support for our Library! It's also a great way for students to gain some community service experience for their college applications. In 2018, our volunteers pledged a total of 1894 hours giving us a helping hand-- thank you to all of our volunteers: past, present, and future!
To become a volunteer, or if you have any questions, please call the Library at 414-302-8500.
We are currently looking for volunteers to assist our Friends of the Library with our monthly book sales.These volunteer shifts are on the second Friday of each month anywhere from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and on the second Saturday of each month anywhere from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. There are no time requirements to volunteer with us; help out for an hour, or stay all day!
What to Expect
Friday volunteer shifts involve setting up for our book sale on Saturday. This may include:
• Moving donations from the storage room to the atrium and conference rooms
• Sorting donations of books, movies, etc. and putting them in their designated sale area
• Organizing donations by category (cookbooks, science fiction, etc.)
• Keeping the donation storage room tidy
Saturday volunteer shifts involve some set-up, the actual book sale, and cleaning up after the sale. This may include:
• The same set-up tasks listed above
• Assisting and directing patrons where to find items
• "Ringing up" patrons for their purchases
• Moving items that were not sold back to their storage areas
Stay tuned to this page for any future volunteer opportunities we may have, or give our Friends' Facebook page a follow for updates!