West Allis Public Library provides access to a variety of databases. These databases include:
- Ancestry (In Library Use Only) is a source for family history.
- Creativebug provides over 1,000 online, video based art and craft courses led by experts. Classes cover a number of areas including crocheting, sewing, painting, paper crafts and so much more! You will need a West Allis library card to access this resource.
- Gale Courses deliver engaging, instructor-led online courses focused on professional development, technology skills (including Microsoft Office applications), and personal enrichment to transform lives and foster positive changes in your community.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library is a collection of eBooks that include books on the environment, history, literature, medicine, multicultural studies, religion, science, social science and technology.
- Heritage Quest Online is an essential collection of unique material for both genealogical hobbyists and professionals, with coverage dating back to the late 1700s.
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center provides comprehensive full text content for many of the most popular hobbies, crafts and recreation activities today.
- Home Improvement Reference Center is designed to assist homeowners in do-it-yourself home repair.
- Legal Information Reference Center offers the everyday user the necessary tools and detailed "how-to" instructions covering a wide-range of legal issues.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center offers comprehensive data and independent analysis on thousands of investments.
- Newsbank provides full text Milwaukee Journal, Greenfield-West Allis NOW and America’s Obituaries and Death Notices.
- Reference USA is the number 1 source of information businesses and people for small business owners marketing professionals, researchers and job seekers.
- Small Business Reference Center offers a variety of information on small business and entrepreneurial subject areas.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center is the definitive online tool for small engine repair assistance.
- Salem Health is Magill’s Medical Guide covers diseases, disorders, treatments, procedures, specialties, anatomy, biology and other medical issues.
- Salem History is Milestone Documents in American History combines full text primary source documents with expert analysis and commentary.
- Salem Literature is Magill’s Literary Annual
- WilsonWeb Biography is Wilson’s largest biography database!
- Worldbook Online is the classic encyclopedia online with current events, monthly features and multimedia.
To access databases from a computer outside the West Allis Library, enter your 14-digit library card number when prompted.
To view more useful research tools, visit CountyCat.